The DePaul Catholic 8th Grade Program is best described as a Catholic preparatory school for public and some Catholic elementary students preparing to enter private school life for high school. This unique program offers the student the opportunity to be academically challenged as they begin the transition to life in a Catholic high school. It offers a serious academic 8th grade year that quite often is not available at their local public school.
This is accomplished through the following:
- A strict entrance policy where all student applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee
- Placement by academic ability after various placement tests
- The study of Theology, as well as traditional academic courses
- The students wear a uniform modeled after the high school
- The students fall under the same Catholic based discipline structure as the high school students, and are expected to behave in the tradition of a Catholic based education.
- Students are permitted to repeat their public school 8th grade year at at DePaul Catholic.
- Students have their own commencement
- Students have their own Baccalaureate Mass.
- Students are part of DePaul's 1:1 tablet program and begin the integration of technology into daily academic life.
- Students begin to do service work.